Passport renewals are easy for Canadian passport holders to get, whether you are in Canada or enjoying the sun and warm weather of Englewood Florida.
First of all, you can renew your passport by simply visiting the passport office located at a nearby Service Canada location. Here you can get your passport form, fill out your passport application and either return it to the Service Canada office or submit it by mail.
But, for instance, if you are in Englewood Florida, and you notice that your Canadian passport is about to expire, there is another method available for you to renew your passport. This process is known as the Simplified Renewal Application Process. This format provides Canadians with a quick and efficient means of renewing their passports.
The renewal can be done simply by mail or by person in Canada. And, if you are in Englewood Florida, or elsewhere in the United States, you can submit your passport application for renewal by mail.
Your Canadian passport renewal must include a completed passport form, two new passport photos, the appropriate fees and your current passport.
Remember that your new passport photos should have the date, name and address of the photographer. This information should be on the back of one of the photos.
To qualify for this method of renewing your Canadian passport you must meet the following criteria:
- The applicant must have been at least sixteen years old when they applied for their previous passport.
- The current passport must have been valid for five years.
- The original passport must have been issued in Canada within the last six years.
- It must be a regular Canadian passport
- You cannot use this method of renewing your passport if it has ever been reported as lost or stolen.
- If you have changed your name since your original passport application then you are also ineligible for this quick and easy form of passport renewal.
Just remember, if you want to continue enjoying the wonderful life in Englewood Florida, you must maintain a valid Canadian passport. The alternative is not pleasant. Rather than a snow shovel wouldn’t you prefer swinging a golf club in February while you Enjoy Englewood Florida?