The phrase, Englewood Florida real estate, can mean a lot of different things depending upon your reason for exploring this area.
When my father-in-law started investigating owning a retirement home in Englewood Florida, in the early 1980’s, he explored several different venues. He looked at RV parks, cottages, and condos.
Finally, he settled upon purchasing a home in a community designated for residents over the age of 55.
But it is important to note that before my in-laws decided upon Englewood as their Florida retirement destination, they had already enjoyed vacationing in this Gulf Coast community.
It was during their brief stint, of one or two years as vacationing tourists that Englewood evolved as their retirement community of choice.
This 55+ community was in its infancy and during the next two decades my in-laws spent six months every year in Englewood.
During that time frame, our family got to know and love the Englewood area very well.
My wife and I have also decided to make the Englewood area our retirement home.
It is important to know that Englewood Florida real estate straddles two counties, Sarasota and Charlotte.
Because Englewood is an unincorporated community, residents do not pay city taxes. However, they do pay taxes to the county where they reside.
It is important to check out what, if any, differences exist by living in one county versus the other.
Since that day in the early 1980’s when my in-laws settled upon where they were going to spend their retirement years, Englewood has become the favorite Florida retirement community for many more people.
There are many different types of retirement and vacation accommodations available in the Englewood Florida real estate area. Many of these types of accommodation can either be rented or owned.
In fact, many people rent for a year or two before making a decision upon ownership. Here is a list of some of the types of accommodation you will find in the Englewood area:
- Property in Florida
- 55 Plus Communities: To live in one of these Englewood Florida real estate developments a person must be at least 55 years of age.
- Florida Retirement Golf Community Age is not necessarily a determining factor in these communities. Instead, enjoying the game of golf in somewhat of an exclusive environment usually focused around a semi-private or private golf course.
- Beachfront Condos: As the price of land along waterfronts spiral ever upwards, owning a condo in a development along the shoreline becomes a more economically viable way of achieving life on the water. Learn about Englewood’s beautiful Florida Coast Condo.
- RV Parks: Recreational Vehicles are becoming a very popular mode of transportation for vacationers or retired persons. The opportunity to travel from place to place with all of your belongings is very appealing to many people. RV Parks offer all of the amenities necessary to serve the needs of this ever-growing group of retirees and vacationers.
- Florida Accommodations Search for the Best is ON! It would be our pleasure if you would write a short review of where you stay when you visit Englewood Florida. Please share “away”!
- Englewood Florida hotel: There is a wide variety of hotel accommodations available in Englewood from the budget-rated to the luxurious.
I hope this information about our favorite Florida retirement community helps you make an informed decision about your Englewood Florida real estate purchase or your Englewood Florida vacation rental. I will continue to add specific links about this topic, so drop by and visit us often. Then maybe, together, we can Enjoy Englewood Florida!
“In Fact, Many People Rent For A Year Or Two Before Making A Decision About Ownership.”