Sunset on the Gulf Coast
Englewood Florida weather in October means lower average temperatures and less precipitation than the previous months. When the month comes to a close so too does hurricane season.
The cooler temperatures mean that October is the time to break out the sweaters and windbreakers for those early morning and late afternoon walks or rounds of golf on the many golf courses that dot the Englewood Florida landscape. But at the golf course, by mid-day, shorts are probably the preferred apparel.
The weather is still perfect for walking at the beach, beach combing, or just relaxing on a beach towel or a lawn chair. Dont forget the sun screen!
Keep your weather radio turned on, after all it is still hurricane season.
NOTE: You should really keep your weather radio turned on all year. You never know when bad weather might roll in to town. (Although Judy and I think the sun always shines in Englewood, even when it is raining.)
In the northern states and Canada the onset of the autumn weather in October means that winter is on its way. Hockey is a great winter sport, but you do not need ice and snow to enjoy this great game. The hockey season for most leagues starts in October and in the Englewood area there is lots of hockey action to enjoy.
The Everblades of the ECHL play their home games just down the road in Estero and the Lightning play their NHL games in Tampa. So there is lots of hockey for you to go and see! (If you want to travel a little further, the NHL’s Florida Panthers play their games just west of Miami.)
The days are getting shorter. There are still fabulous sunsets to be seen. They are just a little earlier in the day. But there are still lots of reasons to Enjoy Englewood Florida!
Englewood Florida Weather Statistics for October, According to the Weather Channel:
- Average High Temperature in Englewood is 85 F
- Average Low Temperature in Englewood is 66 F
- Average Rainfall is 3.14 inches
Month By Month Englewood Florida Weather
- January: Ring in the New Year at the Beach
- February: A Valentines Date on an Englewood Golf Course
- March: The Boys of Summer are Back!
- April: Englewood Florida Weather in April: No April Showers Just Flowers!
- May: Summer Weather is Heating Up!
- June: The Heat is Here!
- July: A Sizzling Time on the Gulf Coast Beaches
- August: Can be Stormy!
- September: Football Season is HERE!
- October: Hurricane Season is Winding Down!
- November: Time for Thanksgiving!
- December: Christmas on the Beach
- Red Tide
- Florida Weather: The Best is in the Gulf Coast!