Paul Enjoying the View from Manasota Beach!
Englewood Florida weather in December is perfect for anyone who does not want extremely warm weather, but definitely wants to avoid the winter weather of the northern United States and Canada.
If you are looking for a white Christmas, the Gulf Coast weather, is not going to provide you with snow on Christmas morning!
Average daily high temperatures range in the mid-70s F and average low evening temperatures usually settle in the mid-50s F, Walking on crunchy snow-covered sidewalks are not even remotely possible as part of the Englewood Florida weather picture. One or more members of our family have experienced Christmas in the Englewood area most years since the early 1980s and sand and surf are more the norm than snow and cold.
Early morning walks and rounds of golf require a sweater or windbreaker. The same is true in the late afternoon. And, remember, the days are shorter at this time of year and it will be dark usually before 5:00 pm. So make walking and dinner plans accordingly.
There may not be ice and snow in the agenda, that is Englewood Florida weather in December but there are lots of Christmas-related events and activities to enjoy. My in-laws particularly liked to drive around the area in the evening and see all of the Christmas lights that adorned the houses and buildings along the streets of the region. As my father-in-law used to always say, “There is a lot of Christmas spirit in Englewood”.
It may be cooler at this time of year, but the four Englewood beaches are a great place to walk, collect seashells, take a refreshing dip in the Gulf waters, or just sit and read a book.
In the evening, why not take a drive south to Estero and watch the Florida Everblades play a fast-action game of hockey with one of their ECHL opponents.
Englewood Florida weather in December is great for all types of activity, except sleigh rides and of course, shovelling snow.
Don’t you just Enjoy Englewood Florida!
Englewood Weather in December Statistics, According to the Weather Channel:
- Average High Temperature in Englewood is 74 F
- Average Low Temperature in Englewood is 54 F
- Average Rainfall is 2.33 inches
Month By Month Englewood Florida Weather
- January: Ring in the New Year at the Beach
- February: A Valentines Date on an Englewood Golf Course
- March: The Boys of Summer are Back!
- April: Englewood Florida Weather in April: No April Showers Just Flowers!
- May: Summer Weather is Heating Up!
- June: The Heat is Here!
- July: A Sizzling Time on the Gulf Coast Beaches
- August: Can be Stormy!
- September: Football Season is HERE!
- October: Hurricane Season is Winding Down!
- November: Time for Thanksgiving!
- December: Christmas on the Beach
- Red Tide
- Florida Weather: The Best is in the Gulf Coast!